My Hemingway-esque adventures have Included photographing and swimming with manta rays, eels, sea turtles, sharks, and sea urchins in the turquoise waters of Bora Bora, Tahiti and Hawaii; riding a dromedary (camel) in Tangier, Morocco; bottle-feeding a Bengal Tiger cub; walking the pearly white streets of ancient Ephesus; and hopping a helicopter in Alaska to ride an Iditarod dog sled team.
More Hemingway-esque adventures include. . .
- Interviewing and writing about a cowboy that rode with outlaw Pancho Villa.
- A UFO sighting while lying on a trampoline.
- Keeping neighbors such as Joe Bonanno and Stan Kenton.
- Driving through a locust and tarantula invasion in Arizona.
- Playing tennis with Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor.
- Watching a scorpion the size of a man’s fist crawl across my living room.
- Visiting Pompeii, Italy and the volcano that destroyed it.
- Taking a night trip to Kilauea Volcano in the Hawaiian Volcano National Park on the big island of Hawaii and watching the lava spew into the ocean.
- Getting lost in the Grand Bizarre in Istanbul.
- Dying of “Sudden Death Syndrome” and returning to life.